don't postpone joy

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

broken ankle

I just haven't felt that much like blogging lately. That, and I love lopsided ponytail daisy, and I like to see her when I log onto my page.

When I was about 3, I think, my next-door neighbor, Jimmy Mallory, was pushing me on a tricycle--because my feet didn't reach the pedals (one of those old fashionedy kinds. the taller than usual type) and my leg got caught in the spokes. The ankle didn't hold up well, and broke.

My mom and Jeannie Morrison raced me to the emergency room in our then family car ('66 ragtop Stingray Corvette) and I apparently couldn't be calmed. Afraid to get the cast, the doctor put one on my baby doll, too. I still have the doll with the cast (except one day I washed her hair, so now all she has is this sumo wrestler pigtail on top of her head) anyway...I finally got the cast. BUT, I refused to walk for almost the entire time I had it on. Parents were tired of toting lopsided ponytail daisy around, and lopsided ponytail daisy was tired of hopping on one foot---hence the pink horsie.

Surprisingly, as an adult (which I just had a conversation about today...I still find it difficult to refer to myself as a woman (not that I feel like a man) but woman is definitely grown up, and I have a hard time picturing myself as that)
any way, as a 38 year old, I'm really not scared of tangible things like that.
Still working on the intangibles~


Some years later, Jimmy Mallory also delivered to me my first kiss. It had tongue, and tasted like cigarettes. He used to bribe me...smokes for kisses. (it worked back then) Now, he lives in North Carolina, or something, and can't go back in Michigan, or he'll go directly to the pen'.

that's it.
have a nice day.

5 Comments:

At 31 January, 2006 13:08, Blogger Osbasso said...

Hey--sometimes the inspiration is there, sometimes it's not. Don't feel forced to entertain us!

And don't sweat the intangible stuff either...

 
At 01 February, 2006 05:33, Blogger Kurt said...

aww, that is so cute. really. thanks for satisfying my curiousity. i think it is touching that the doll is still with you, too. she obviously shared very special times with you and it's nice to treasure them. i'll bet there are several more involving you, the doll and jimmy mallory :)

 
At 01 February, 2006 21:01, Blogger Unknown said...

omfg..you still got the doll? no shit? you and the b&c are pack rats..just kidding..

It was a heart-warming post..and I thank you for it daisy my dearest..

chin up..hang in there..love ya girl.

 
At 02 February, 2006 01:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Back-story! :)

Funny, but my next door neighbor pulled me out of a Mimossa Tree when I was 5 and broke my arm. She was also the deliverer of my first kiss - although I don't think she is "pen" material today! LOL :)

 
At 02 February, 2006 05:21, Blogger TJ said...

I haven't felt like blogging much lately either, but it was nice to read some childhood memories. Maybe I'll try to write about some myself to get back in gear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home